How to Compare and Choose a Self-Publishing Service
On Wednesday, June 24, 2015, I’m teaching an online course on how to choose between self-publishing services. The web conference is presented by DigitalEd @ PBS MediaShift. It costs $39.00 and by the end of it you should have all the knowledge to make an educated decision and move forward with your book publishing project.
If you can’t make the date, you can still sign up and take it later. You’ll get the recording, slideset, and all the handouts.
The 1-hour training explores the major self-publishing companies. You’ll learn what each company provides in the way of book creation services and distribution. This session will identify challenges that authors often face when making this first crucial decision, and reveal the one secret that will prevent your book from ever being trapped in any particular service. The session will help you select one or a combination of services from the following “tested and trusted” companies for your publishing project:
- IngramSpark for ebooks and print books, including hard cover
- BookBaby for ebooks and print books, including hard cover
- Amazon CreateSpace for print books in the Amazon store
- Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) for ebooks in the Amazon store
- Smashwords for ebooks of all formats with huge distribution and libraries
- Kobo for ebooks internationally distributed and in bookstores
- LeanPub for beta (and finished) books delivered electronically
- Gumroad for self-distribution of ebooks, print books, and other products
- PressBooks for ebook and print book creation, collaboration, and delivery on the web
There will also be an explanation of why other vendors you may have considered are excluded – Lulu, B&N NOOK Press, Outskirts, Author House, iUniverse, Trafford, Balboa, etc. Questions are welcome!
- List of “tested and trusted” publishing tools and services
- Author budget checklist
- Self-publishing resource list
Who should take this training:
- Authors of all genres who aim to publish in digital or print formats
- Journalists and bloggers who are considering creating a nonfiction book from their compiled work
- Book production, editorial, and design consultants
If you’ve been delaying the publication of your book because there are too many choices, this course will spur you into action. The recording, slides, and handouts are yours to keep and review at any time. I look forward to seeing you there!